Sunday, November 18, 2012


17th week--
 
Estudia! Estudia! Estudia!
Study! Study! Study!
 
^^^ Welp, that pretty much sums up my week!

On Thursday I finished up my classes (canNOT believe that this semester is wrapping up already), and I have my final exams Monday-Wednesday of this coming week. Eek! I am particularly nervous for Pensamiento en América Latina y Uruguay simply because it is quite a lot of information to remember, and for Cultura Uruguaya because we have to stand in front of the professor and a group of 10 students and just talk without PowerPoint for 5-6 minutes about our experience here (which will be easy topic-wise, but I HATE public speaking... so...) 3 out of the 4 of my finals are oral exams, which will be new for me. I'll let you know how they go; thoughts and/or prayers are appreciated.
 
Amidst the studying, I have found time to spend amongst friends. It is so strange because a majority of them are leaving in less than a month! But seriously, where did the time go?! I have been blessed to meet such wonderful people during my time here. They have truly been an integral part of my growth as a young woman. As Thanksgiving approaches, I would just like to say how thankful I am for all of my fellow exchange students. Ha sido un placer, en serio.
 
On my way home from a 'cena de despedida' ('farewell dinner') that a few of the exchange girls (from the US, Finland, Austria, and Germany) had together this week, I passed some graffiti that said:
 
                                                                                                  Todos somos familiares.
                                                                                                         = We are all family.
 
Funny how thought provoking graffiti can be. Although it is sad to think that I may never see some of my new friends again in the future, I find comfort in the fact that we are all related, as this graffiti helped to remind me. I have learned from them, as I hope they have learned from me. No matter where we are in the world, we were (and are) an intercambio family.
 
Speaking of family... and in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I have been thinking of and especially thankful for my family back in the EEUU lately. I received a nice lil' care package from my Aunt Jo and cousin Laura today, and it made my week. They are simply so thoughtful. Also in little ways this week, I have been reminded of how blessed I am to have parents with hearts of virtue. Their love for my siblings and me is unbelievingly evident. So thank you, Mom and Dad, for everything you do for us and especially for supporting me throughout this and all of my years. I love you!

And for that matter, for all of you reading this--'somos todos familiares.' I am grateful for you all too.
 
Time to estudiar más. Wish me luck on all of my exams!
Feliz Día de Acción de Gracias (temprano)!
 
Con mucho agradecimiento--
 
Courtney


Pensamiento en América Latina y Uruguay-- yes, Uruguayans eat dinner late.
Una siesta en Parque Battle... una clase más...
'El Living' para pasar tiempo con amigos.
La cena de despedida-- foto de Lisa.
Care package from Aunt Jo and Laura!


No comments:

Post a Comment