Sunday, January 20, 2013

Week 26--
 
I've been in South America for 1/2 a year TODAY! Holy Shhmokes!
 
This past week was a million times better than the last. I just felt soo much better. I really think it was the sickness that got me down last week. But this week I was the same ol' Court!
 
A liiitle change in my plans here-- I am now only interning at Academia Latinoamericana instead of at the radio station and at the school. The work at the academia relates more to my majors, and I am actually so excited for the work to come. I will be helping improve/create new options for the Academia's social media, as well as helping with promotional materials, translations, and relations with universities in the U.S.A.
 
This weekend, my three friends and I got out of the big city for a bit and headed to Baños, Ecuador. I loved my time there, which was filled with outdoors-y things, many laughs, and quite a lot of adventure. We went thermal bath bathing, biking through the Andes, zip-lining, and canyoning (which is repelling down waterfalls! woa!). Although after all of that, I may need a vacation from our mini-vacation, it was so worth it and so much fun. As always, I was fascinated with the nature surrounding me... reminding me of God's artistic hand. How does He do that?!
 
In other news: I have a new house-mate! Her name is Saya, and she is from Japan! She knows basic Spanish and no English, so communication is a little difficult... BUT with the help of hand motions and a little computer-ish translator, we make do just fine! I am excited to get to know her over the next three weeks.
 
Alrighty, off to bed I go! Time to start a brand new week!
 
Little pause from our Andes bike ride.
Amigas.
Weeee!
JA!
Floritas.
Pailon del Diablo.
Tanto agua.
!
 
Saludos,
 
Court

1 comment: