Friday, February 15, 2013

Week 30--

I am leaving for my mission trip in approximately 6 hours. I am getting up for my mission trip in approximately 4.5 hours. Therefore, this blog post will be brief. I am posting this on a Friday (well, technically Saturday here...) because I will be gone throughout this Sunday until the beginning of next Sunday.

So! Here it goes! Courtney's quickest blog post!

This past week, my host-sister's friend from Brazil came to visit. Our household communicated through portu-span-glish... I was so confused like 84% of the time. But it was fun! We went to Colonia to spend a beautiful day wandering the old streets. Here are some pictures:

Nice little Colonia coffee shop. Photo taken by Sabri.

Today could be a great day.
Una brasilera, uruguaya, y estadounidense en la ciudadela.

He did not enjoy my company, as I enjoyed his.

I also went to the beach twice this week (it was nice to escape the cold of Quito), attended my first tablado (a Uruguayan Carnival show!), and met a new study abroad student. Overall, it has been a great week.

And folks, that's all for tonight! Please keep me and my fellow compañeros in your thoughts and prayers this week as we spread the Word and build relationships with the people of Salto.

Until next Sunday--

Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment