Sunday, October 28, 2012

14th week--

Today I had a little celebration (and by celebration I mean 'homework,' party for one) for 'Happy 100th day in Uruguay!' day. Don't worry--I don't know that this is my 100th day because I have a countdown until I'm coming home. Rather, my great friend Sarah made me a journal to record my day-to-day activities abroad. Por eso, yo sé que este es mi día número cien.

This blog post will be short and sweet. Nothing too out of the ordinary happened this week. However, we did have another huge storm on Tuesday, so class was canceled. It wasn't as crazy as the first 'class-canceling' storm that we had last month, thank goodness. According to my host-madre, the weather this spring has been really weird. (¡Qué raro!)

The end of this week was filled with beautiful weather. You know what that means... 'vamos a la playa!' It was actually warm enough to wear our bathing suits and sunbathe (which we did). I also had the pleasure of a nice run along the rambla on Saturday with a cool-down on the beach, and today I enjoyed some personal time in Parque Rodo, on Playa Ramírez. I also found some cool graffiti, always a plus! Still don't know if this is creepy, but I love watching all of the families together on the beach. It just makes me so happy--and serves as a constant reinforcer of how much my family means to me back in the USofA.

Other than that... I met a handful of 'locals' this weekend. In addition to simply enjoying metting new people, I love practicing my Spanish with those whom I haven't practiced before. It's a good test of my speaking and listening abilities. So far, so good, but so much more to learn.

Below are some photos from my Sunday morning reflection time on the beach. Bueno, ¡Disfruten!

Playa Ramírez
 


¿Qué estás mirando, Willis?




¡Amén!
 
Estoy mandando muchos abrazos a Uds.
o-- I am sending many hugs to you all.
 
Courtney



No comments:

Post a Comment