Sunday, March 10, 2013

Week 33--

Finally! I am writing a blog post on time! You know what that means... everything is tranquilo again and CLASSES START TOMORROW. What is this world coming to?!

This past week I spent plenty of time 1. on the beach and 2. with good people. I think you could call that a week well spent.

On Wednesday I went to the University for a "new exchange student welcome," aka ice-breakers (woo!), and met the 53 other host-students from 13 different countries. This seems like a really good group, and I have already enjoyed spending time with many of them. It is so weird for me to think that 7 months ago I was in their shoes, experiencing a new country, new language, new culture, etc. That's not to say that I am not still experiencing new things, believe me... I am!, but the whole "dream-like-state/summer-camp-feeling of everything being so foreign" has worn off. And that, my friends, is a nice feeling. Looking back, I can see how I've grown--in the language and as a young woman--and I am thankful. I look forward to the many more opportunities for growth that I'm sure I'll encounter throughout the next 5 months. Step 1: Taking regular classes with regular Uruguayans.

...Although I've grown in confidence... that thought still gives me the heeby-jeebys. Prayers please!

Little funny (but also not funny at the moment) side note about life here in Uruguay: on Friday I went to the University to ask about classes... which start MONDAY (3 days after Friday, just to emphasize) and they still didn't have the classes or hours of the Communication classes that are starting (I repeat) on MONDAY. I am signing up for classes for Queens in the U.S.A. in like 2 weeks, and those classes start in August. Like I said, I am living the tranquila life here for sure! It's going to be quite an interesting week...
 

Hooray for new exchange students and a new semester!
 
Talk to ya next week if I survive this one ;)
 
Besitos--
 
Courtney

P.S. For all you U.S. East Coast-ers out there... we're back to being an hour apart! Woo!



No comments:

Post a Comment