Sunday, June 16, 2013

Week 47--

This is it: the home stretch till summer (winter) vacation! Just two weeks of class, two tests, and finals standing in my way! And oh boy is it getting difficult to gather up mis fuerzas to study...

This week was a weird mixture of rest and work. A lot of nights I would say to myself, "Courtney, you will go home and study for your Organizational Culture test." ...but then I would find myself looking for good music, on Facebook, or reading other people's blogs (ohh how I have a love/hate relationship with social media). BUT just because I wasn't studying does NOT mean I was wasting my time. Through Facebook I stumbled across a band formed by three guys I went to high school with. Watching their new video with their new song, it really took me back just how GROWN UP they were! Plus... they sounded amazing! So that was productive... AND I got to reading a blog that my friend Abby passed along to me called "My First Love." If you're a woman, in or out of a relationship, I recommend it. It applies to men too, the overall concept at least, but it's definitely geared more towards women. Anyways... 'tis very convicting... about loving God as you would a spouse, and even more so... more than anyone or anything, in fact! There was so much to think, pray, and reflect on that Abby and I had to (/wanted to) take a whole Friday afternoon to discuss it (and eat some cheesecake that wasn't actually cheesecake, but looked like cheesecake and had cheese in it...)! If the blog doesn't show up when you click on the link, it'll be on the right-hand side, if you scroll down a bit to "Popular Posts." There are four shorts parts.

Some other things I did:
- wrote a long email to my Ecuadorian host family... Finally!
- made a list of all of things I want to do before I leave Uruguay
- met with my two Uruguayan friends, Gastón y Flor, to set some dates for some of the things on the list (this was actually their idea, and I'm so grateful to have friends like them who are so organized and made it a priority to get these things on the calendar! Muchísimas gracias a Uds. dos!)
- played fútbol and had a fun sleepover afterwards (exercise and friend-time wrapped into one night!)
- met with my group for my second test in External Communication/Marketing/Public Relations (which is the group "Communication Plan" project)
- babysat 4 little boys
- taught an extra-English class in addition to my usual English classes
- ate lunch with my friend Marce's family, which is always such a treat!

...And last but not least... wrote my faith testimony/presented it to my young adults' group tonight. I've been putting this off for a long time... Practically a year now...(cmostly cuz of nerves, which I hate cuz they are all my friends and it's not like they're grading me...) But I finally did it! I'm so glad I was able to share such a huge part of who I am with them. Thanks be to God!

Welp, off to bed so that tomorrow I  will have the sense to say to myself, "Courtney, you will study for your Organizational Culture exam today" and so that I actually have the energy and 'ganas' to do so.

ALSO--Happy Father's Day to all the fathers reading this blog, to all of the husbands of the mothers reading this blog, and (of course) to my incredible, God-wife-&children-loving father. Thank you for all you do; I sure do love you lots!

Abrazos--

Courtney

What the non-cheesecake that looks like cheesecake?!
Nothin' quite like Fun Friend Fridays! (& half/American Girl Doll smiles).

Babysitting & playing The Game of LIFE... but in Spanish...


No comments:

Post a Comment